In my latest video, “The ONLY Three Types of Bag Every Photographer Needs,” I delve into my personal “Holy Trinity” of camera bags. These are the bags that have proven to be essential in my photography and filmmaking journey. Let’s break down each one and why they’re indispensable.
1. The Big Bag: Manfrotto Reloader Air-55 Camera Roller Bag
The Death Star of Camera Bags
- Purpose: Ideal for carrying almost everything needed for most shoots.
- Roller Bag: Eases the burden on the shoulders, perfect as I prefer not to carry too much weight.
- Customizable Dividers: Allows for reconfiguration based on different shoots and equipment needs.
- Tech Pouch and Additional Dividers: Offers extra organization.
- Thoughtful Design: Includes travel locks, a full-depth laptop and tablet pocket, and other zippered sections.
- Rain Cover: Ensures gear stays dry.
- Rugged Handles and Alloy Wheels: For durability and ease of transport.
- Why I Love It: It’s stable and doesn’t tip over when fully loaded, unlike cheaper alternatives.
2. The Mid Bag: Lowepro ProTactic Camera Backpack
The Star Destroyer of Camera Bags
- Purpose: Versatile for city assignments or rugged outdoor shoots.
- Spacious and Customizable Interior: Fits multiple DSLR bodies, lenses, and accessories.
- All-Weather Protection: With an All Weather AW Cover™.
- Accessible and Secure: Multiple access points for quick gear retrieval.
- Comfortable Design: ActivZone System™ for targeted comfort.
- Modular Accessories Compatibility: Enhances flexibility.
3. The Small Bag: WANDRD Rogue Sling 9L
The Tie Fighter of Camera Bags
- Purpose: Perfect for day trips, urban photography, and minimalist travel.
- Compact Yet Spacious: Fits a mirrorless or small DSLR camera, additional lenses, and accessories.
- Customizable Organization: Adjustable dividers for tailored gear setup.
- Quick Access Design: Ideal for fast-paced shooting.
- Durable and Weather-Resistant: Protects gear in various conditions.
- Comfortable and Stylish: Ergonomic design and discreet appearance.
Choosing the right camera bag can make a huge difference in your shooting experience. Whether it’s the robust Manfrotto Reloader Air-55, the versatile Lowepro ProTactic, or the sleek WANDRD Rogue Sling, each has its unique role in my “Holy Trinity” of camera bags. Happy shooting!